Monday, December 8, 2008

???

(Posted by maddie)

Today I went out to our chicken coop, gathered up the three eggs in one of our two nestboxes and left Ginny to lay in peace in the other.
Later that day my mom went out to check again, in the nest box I had emptied out were two eggs, and in the one Ginny had been sitting in, one.
This would have been completely normal if we had 6 laying chickens, but we have 4 laying chickens.
Even more amazing is that all the chicken owners we know have chickens laying 3-4 days in a week.
We're all very perplexed now.


(: Maybe it's because we give our chickens lots of love :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure that must be it, Maddie. They deserve a treat. Hmmm. Someone I ride the bus with has chickens and she said they now have diapers for chickens. Now there's a unique gift.

learningbarefoot said...

That is just soo cool! We want chickens someday and we will try the lots of love theory!

I just tagged you guys on my blog for a meme, play if you like... I read your family blog frequently, and like to keep up with you.

Happy Holidays!

Unknown said...

It was great to meet your chickens, Maddie. They certainly are a well-loved bunch! Lucky, lucky poultry! :) Hug your mom for me!

Sue said...

Tiffany! great to hear from you!
I can't figure out how to get to your blog, is there a way you can invite me to it? I'd love to play along....