Thursday, May 3, 2007

A break for Disneyland

We've been making great progress on the house (unfortunately, there are always more projects that pop up than you expect, so the to do list hasn't shrunk quite as much as it should have), so we took the day off on Tuesday and went to Disneyland!

I made everyone memorize the lyrics to the Pirates of the Carribean theme on the drive in and Maddie has all four verses down pat. (Of course, I have half of one verse stuck in my head like an irritating mantra now and I'm trying very hard not to awaken in as I type about it.)

We met my folks and my cousins, Siobhan and Eric. Siobhan works for Disney studios and is able to get us in for free, a wonderful perk we try not to abuse too often. The kids and Steve had a great time, and the only thing that kept me from having a perfect day was that I found myself worrying too much about keeping everyone happy and arranging group split-offs and reunitings. I have to remember it's not my job to make people happy! It was a gorgeous day though and not much in the way of lines, so it really was a wonderful outing.

I was wiped out by about 5:30, then got my second wind just about 8 p.m. when I was stunned to discover that the park was closing! Just as well, we didn't need a late night -- I had a full day of work the next day and Steve didn't know it but he had an illustration commission from the Times waiting on our answering machine.

So, we're headed out to Denver again on Saturday for a final tour of Fort Collins and environs before signing a listing agreement and committing to moving. I'm excited. There's a few houses I'm really intrigued by out there, including this one. Don't know if the Buddhist sanctuary is going to go on the market or not yet.

We'll hit the UU Church on Sunday then wander around downtown and get a feel for living there. Monday and Tuesday our real estate agent will show us around in the mornings and we'll hit parks and other fun places in the afternoon. Wednesday, we return home, hopefully enthused and committed to moving. If not, then I'm digging my heels in for a pool to survive summers here. But I really do feel like this is where we should be going next!

Heading out to see A Night at the Museum at the discount movie theater tonight. Hopefully Steve will be far enough along on his piece to join us. Tomorrow, he juries an art show in Idyllwild, up in the mountains, as if we didn't have enough going on right now!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like fun! Have a safe trip to CO! I'll send some good energy to you, just a short 6 hours away from me!
Love to you all!
Karen