Monday, May 28, 2007

We did it.

We signed the listing paperwork this evening. Phew. I wasn't sure how I'd feel about it, especially with all the work we've put into the house these last six weeks or so. It looks gorgeous. It has never looked better, at least in our time here. The apple trees are full of ripening apples, the grape vines are setting fruit, the snap peas are at peak production, all the garden beds are full of life. It's so beautiful in the yards and the house, for the first time since I've lived here. And yet, it feels right to be turning it over to someone else. Even though I don't know where we're going to end up yet, or what life will feel like there.

Steve, for his part, is feeling right about it too, which really surprised me. He had his synchronicity just today and I think that's helped him to feel that this is the right move for us. (I don't know if I've written about all the synchronicities I have had around Fort Collins, but there have been three or four rather startling ones -- connections between people I already know and people I have just met in Fort Collins, primarily.) Steve's involves a publishing company in Boulder that was advertising for artists and designers on the Fort Collins Craigslist and a book he decided to begin reading yesterday after picking it up at the LA Times give-away bin a couple of years ago. The book is on art, spirituality and creativity and he first found some very inspiring quotes in it, then read that the author is an artist who lives outside of Boulder, then saw that it was published by that same company whose job announcement he printed out last week.

This whole process of deciding to move and preparing our home and ourselves for the transition has been a stressful process but a good growth experience too. We're learning to let go of things, materially and emotionally. There's an amazing amount of energy that gets freed up when you do that, we've discovered. We'll see what happens next. Our house will officially go on the market Thursday evening, and I'll post a link to the listing website when Lisa gets it going. Right now, I'm going to enjoy a Memorial Day sunset on our lovely back patio...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! So wonderful to hear how this transition is unfolding for everyone!
So much love to you all...