Tuesday, February 19, 2008

An epiphany!

I don't know why it's taken me until 43 to figure this out, but there's a whole other world of games out there, not the ones on the shelves at ToysRUs, not the card games that I've played until I'm bored to death -- fun games, creative games, intelligent grown up board games! I'm so excited! I've always had this vision of being the family that plays games together, in the evenings, in bad weather, at holiday gatherings, but to be honest, there's only so many times I can play Uno and Skipbo and Kings in the Corners and, uggh, monopoly, before I get bored silly.

But this fun group of gamers have the coolest collection of really interesting games! Bohnanza and Werewolves and Alhambra are the three that I've played with them so far and they've all been fascinating and fun!

I want to play more and I'm delighted to find that there are whole new game realms to explore!

No comments: